After a long day in the sun a frozen cocktail in the afternoon breeze can be close to magical. Serving frozen cocktails will surely impress on your guests.
Lemon Vodka Slush
A lemon slush with vodka. A fresh cocktail stored in your freezer - just scoop it up! This recipe serves many.
- 8 cups water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- Juice of 2 fresh oranges
- 6 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- 4 cups Sprite or 7UP + extra for mixing
- 5 cups vodka
- Make a simple syrup by bringing the water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan and stirring in the sugar until it's completely dissolved.
- Pour the simple syrup into a large container and leave to cool to room temperature. When cooled, stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Freeze the contents of the container for at least 24 hours. When ready to serve, scoop out as much frosty stuff as you need to fill your glass and top with lemonade. If the drink is still largely frozen after adding lemonade, mix it up a bit with a spoon or a straw to help dissolve the frostiness.
A new take on a vacation classic. Serves 4.
- 1 pound (16 ounces) frozen mixed berries
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 2/3 cups dry red wine
- 1/3 cup Cointreau (or any orange liqueur, or brandy)
- 2 Tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons sweetener
- Ice, if needed to thicken
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and pulse until smooth. Add a handful or two of ice, if needed, to thicken. Taste, and add extra sweetener if needed.
- Serve immediately.
Slushed Watermelon Margaritas
Summer and watermelons goes hand in hand. Serves 4.
- 2 cups frozen watermelon
- 2 cups fresh watermelon
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- 1 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- Limes and salt for the glass rim
- Before you get started, slice a lime into wedges and rub around rim of a glass. Dip your glass rim into salt and set aside.
- Blend watermelon, lime juice, simple syrup, tequila and triple sec in blender. Be sure and taste your mix before serving. Add more simple syrup if your watermelon isn’t sweet enough.
- Now pour into glass and enjoy!
Summer is rosé season. And even better frosé. Serves 4.
- 1 750 ml bottle rosé ( choose a heavy, dry rosé that looks darker than the others )
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2½ ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup ice
- Pour the wine into a large ( 13 x 9 or larger ) sheet pan (with lips so the wine stays in it). Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the sugar, reduce the heat to low, and stir until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the strawberries to the water/sugar, and give it a solid stir. Let that mixture sit for around 30 minutes to infuse the simple syrup with the flavor of the strawberries.
- Strain the strawberry syrup through a sieve, but don't mash the strawberries through, just let it flow through naturally. Save the strained strawberries to put on some ice cream later, because that would be delicious. Oh, but the syrup: Chill the syrup for 30 minutes.
- Add 3 ounces of strawberry syrup, 2½ ounces lemon juice, 1 cup of ice, and the frozen wine to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve!
Hot and cold margarita
The coolness of a slush with heat from jalapeño - magic. Serves 4.
- ¾ cup tequila
- ½ cup triple sec or grand marnier
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Jalapeño Syrup (see below)
- Fresh jalapeño slices for garnish
Jalapeño Syrup, makes 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- Lemon wedges
- Sugar for the rim
- To make the syrup: Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a brief boil over medium heat.
- Transfer the syrup to a blender and add the jalapeños. Blend until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container or mason jar. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- To make the margaritas: Rim 4 glasses with a lemon wedge and then dip them into a dish filled with sugar. Upright the glasses and fill them with ice.
- Fill a blender with the tequila, triple sec, lemon juice and 1 cup of the Jalapeño syrup, plus tons of ice. Blend on high and pour the margaritas into the prepared glasses.
- Garnish with fresh jalapeño slices if desired and serve.